After having a stay in the hospital, rehabilitation treatment or surgery, it is critical to recovery that proper support and care follow. It is quite common that someone can end up in a more serious situation if not properly cared for at such a fragile time. Quite often well-intentioned family members take on this role, but are not prepared or able to devote the time to meet the physical and emotional challenges they may encounter. South Carolina HomeCare has a special program Hospital to HomeCare, developed to meet your needs.
- Care Plans are developed based on the needs of the client when returning home
- Support and comfort are needed during this transitional time throughout the day when family caregivers may have to return to work
- Communication is of the utmost importance between caregivers and families, updates on condition, med reminders, assistance with positioning, etc.
- Assistance with household activities such as light cleaning, linen changing, meal preparation can be a huge relief not just for family members, but for the client as well, enabling the client to focus on recovery
- Peace of mind for family members that their loved one is not home alone
- Caregivers can provide personal grooming and assistance with daily living activities that may be difficult during this transition